TRF Experience

To: MG_List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TRF Experience
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:49:33 -0400
After an unsettling experience having one of my windshield
wipers, arm included, blow off my MGB while driving on Route
9 to the rainy CTMG Club show in Waterford, I decided to
replace all my wiper arms and wipers.  The Roadster Factory
was having a sale and had a shipping discount, so I decided
to try them as a new (to me) supplier.  I placed my order on
June 9 on line for three wipers, three arms, a tune up kit,
a distributor cap, and ignition wires.  Most of these were
advertised sale items.  I got a polite confirmation right
away.

Shortly thereafter, I received the tune up kit and two wiper
blades.  Everything else back ordered.  Last week, the
distributor cap arrived.

Today I called, and Customer Service told me they haven't
had the wiper arms for THREE YEARS, and the ignition wires
never arrived from the vendor.  He went on to tell me about
all the problems they have with vendors and their being
unreliable.  Hmmmm.  Maybe I should complain about some of
my vendors?

They had my address, email address, and phone numbers, but
they never contacted me in any way to advise me that there
was no likelihood of ever seeing these parts.

Customer Service had no solutions to offer.

I canceled my order, called up Moss, and my new wiper arms
ship today.  I'll probably have them tomorrow.

I will not attempt to do business with TRF again, but from
my brief experience, I don't think they particularly care.