Re: Car Buying Scam - Help needed

To: Eugene Balinski <eugeneb@nni.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car Buying Scam - Help needed
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 06:42:56 -0700 (PDT)
Gene, the other scam involved sending a cashier's check for an amount
several thousand above the asking price, then you were supposed to send
them the difference (minus like an extra thousand). Then when the
cashier's check did not clear you'd be out the money you sent them....
Take a look here for details => http://www.fossilcars.com/scam_alert.html

--- Eugene Balinski <eugeneb@nni.com> wrote:
>    A few months ago, someone on the list who was selling an
> MG commented that they had been approached by some
> off-shore buyer who wanted to buy the car, but needed to go
> through some convoluted banking scheme to get the money to
> the seller.  Can someone please remind me of the facts?

=====
Dan
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer (Driver)