Re: Car Buying Scam - Help needed

To: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car Buying Scam - Help needed
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 11:25:00 -0700
IT'S A SCAM!!!!

I spend time reporting scams to the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police)
department who try and stop these things - This is a regular ploy - Do NOT
touch it with a barge pole.  AND DO NOT REPLY TO ANY CORRESPONDENCE.  DO
NOT TRY PLAYING GAMES WITH THEM.   Believe it or believe it not but people
have got murdered who have got involved in these schemes !!!!!  THAT
INFORMATION COMES STRAIGHT FROM THE RCMP.  They are an extension of the
"Nigerian Letter" gang ploys.

At 08:57 AM 8/6/2003 -0400, Eugene Balinski wrote:
>    A few months ago, someone on the list who was selling an
>MG commented that they had been approached by some
>off-shore buyer who wanted to buy the car, but needed to go
>through some convoluted banking scheme to get the money to
>the seller.  Can someone please remind me of the facts?
>
>    Seems that my friend's son  has a car up for sale and an
>off-shore "buyer" has approached him with the promiss of
>direct money transfer to his bank account.   This reminded
>me of the scams that I have been reading about. I am afraid
>that my friend's son will end up without a car and withoug
>the cash.
>
>TIA,
>
>     Gene Balinski
>        80 B
>Web mail provided by NuNet, Inc. The Premier National provider.
>http://www.nni.com/

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson