RE: The After-Market

To: "'Paul M.'" <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, WSpohn4@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: The After-Market
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:12:23 -0700
Paul:

Echoing Bill's comments.  I don't think I would have an MGC as my only car
because there are some items which may take some time to find or modify.

Moss Motors has not done a parts catalog simply because there were not
enough cars imported to make it a viable economic proposition.  I've been
trying to figure a way to insert a section in the MGB catalog, but the way
that the line listings work it is not simplistic.  Hopefully you will notice
there have been more references to MGC parts in our promotional fliers.
Moss does carry a number of MGC specific parts which are normally sold to
wholesale customers under the OE numbers.  I'm happy to help list members
with MGCs who have questions, and do intend to put some kind of catalog
together on my own time.

The brake servos are the biggest problem on the Federal cars, there are a
number of options available to repair, replace, remove these units.

Performance and upgrade parts are available out of the UK, and like many
classics which had a poor track record when new, there are ways to sort the
car and make it a far different machine than that originally lambasted by
critics.

Kelvin.
proud owner of a 1969 MGC GT
thanks Peter!