RE: I want a "Lucas Electrical Emergency Team" hat/t-shirt, now

To: "justbrits" <justbrits@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: I want a "Lucas Electrical Emergency Team" hat/t-shirt, now
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 19:14:42 -0400
Legally, technically, yes, they would have a case IF they wanted to persue
IF they even found out about it.  I wouldn't suggest selling them on ebay or
publishing them in a catalog or website, but a run of a few hundred or so
wouldn't even raise an eyebrow.
I know I've seen Lucas jibe shirts available at shows.  If they were all so
touchy, wouldn't you think Jag, Lotus, Land Rover, or Mini would be going
after the vendors who openly advertise those logos on shirts they have made?
Found all of those logos readily available from Jeff.
I still say the worst that would happen could be a cease and desist letter
from the lawyers.
Tis always easier to seek forgiveness than permission, especially when
dealing with a large corp.
Just my .02
gordie