Re: Oh, No! Its the Lucas Legal Team, run.....

To: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Subject: Re: Oh, No! Its the Lucas Legal Team, run.....
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 23:16:34 -0700 (PDT)
--- Aeseeyou@aol.com wrote:
> C'mon Paul,
> We're talking about, what...5 capital letters and a
> word "LUKAS" that is
> written in a font style and type size most of us
> probably have on our computer
> anyway. Figure it out for yourself. And nobody is
> gonna force you into buying or
> even going along with this thread...(Which I have
> neatly severed for decorum
> sake)
> Anyway, the A LE(E)RTs been sounded and it seems to
> be taking a life of it's
> own. God, I'm just glad the brave people of New York
> weren't so hesitant.....
> Cheer-up there ain't no Boogey-Man...

Wow.  I don't even know how to respond to this tripe,
other than to say that you clearly have no idea what
you're talking about.  Am I arguing that infrigning on
the Lucas trademark will get us all in trouble?  No.
Am I arguing that we shouldn't make a t-shirt because
of said infringement?  No.  Am I saying that by making
the t-shirt we are clearly infringing on the Lucas
copyright?  You bet your ass I am.  It's not about a
"boogy man".  It's about international copyright law.

Let me ask you something, since you clearly know so
much about this:

What if I bought the SU carb tuning video from Moss
and copied it and offered it to all the list members
free?  Would that be cool?  Would the "boogy man" come
get me?

I don't know what business you're in, but I'm in THIS
business.  I'm very aware of both the letter and the
consequences of copyright law.  So do me a favor,
okay?  Stick to what you know.  And this ain't it.

=====
Paul Misencik
1971 MGB Vintage Race Project
www.sopwithracing.com