Magic word..."Intent"

To: rowman22001@yahoo.com
Subject: Magic word..."Intent"
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 04:13:52 EDT
In a message dated 8/16/2003 11:16:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rowman22001@yahoo.com writes:
>> What if I bought the SU carb tuning video from Moss
>and copied it and offered it to all the list members free?
>Would that be cool?  Would the "boogy man" come > get me?

Paul,
Ahhh, theres the rub, you've just proven "Intent" or that you bought an SU
carb tuning video so that you could copy a maufactured and previously
copyrighted item that you intended to copy for distribution without permission.
But if
you created your own SU tuning video w/o infringing on anyones copyright could
you legally do that? And you're right I don't know much about copyright law.
But I know a little about popular domain.
Albert Escalante, Editor
"THE CLEAR HOOTER"