RE: Tires for an MGB

To: "'Gudz, Roman (EM, PTL)'" <Roman.Gudz@penske.com>,
Subject: RE: Tires for an MGB
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:14:56 -0700
Roman:

This is a very, very common question.  I'm in the process of writing an
article covering typical wheel and tire combinations, so I'll throw in my 2
bits.

I do not recomend using a 185/70 14 tire on the stock 4.5" wire wheel.  It
will fit, some people swear by it, but from my experience the over-wide tire
wanders around and does not offer a crisp response.

The 175/70 tire seems to be the more popular choice, and would be my
recomendation.

Although the 185/70 works ok on the 5" Rostyle steel wheel, after driving
our supercharged B which has 175/70 tires I honestly prefer them over the
wider tire.  I think the 185/70 is the best way to go on wider 5.5" alloys .

2cents

K.