Towing a B - Any suggestions?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Towing a B - Any suggestions?
From: "Paul Johnson" <pauljohnson@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 23:20:49 -0400
Greetings all!

I've been lurking around here for a while, trying to catch up.  Not easy, you
guys are prolific!!  But very informative stuff.
I'm new to the MGB arena, but I've jumped in with both feet.  A month or so
ago I picked up a 77 in South Dakota that's going to need a LOT of work, and
this weekend I purchased another 77 that is supposed to run, except that it
fouls out plugs in about 15 minutes.  Either real rich, or burning oil would
be my guess, but that's not the problem at hand.
I need to tow this car about 1,200 miles from it's current home in souther
Florida to balmy, backwards Cincinnati, OH.  I have access to a tow dolly that
would support the front wheels, and am planning to remove the drive shaft from
the car.

Do any of you good people know of anything to watch out for in doing this?
The tires are good, and I will check the differential, and back off the rear
brakes.  Anything else I should know about or watch for?

Thanks for any help you can provide, and I'm looking forward to joing the
ranks of the driveable MG's!

Paul Johnson