Re: Valve cover

To: Goracef1@cs.com
Subject: Re: Valve cover
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 17:03:13 -0400
Brian,
  The pipe that runs lengthwise down the valve cover moves water from the
radiator hose to the heater core. The water then goes from heater core to
the valve on the right side of the engine above the distributor.    Since
the valve closes that water passage anyway, I don't se why you could not
simply not use it.  Fit a different hose to the radiator, one without the
heater's extension, and at the other end you could put a blanking plate
over the heater valve opening on the block.  That would still leave a
heater core with two exposed pipes sticking out.
  All the other hoses, if any on your engine,  are emissions related, so
you would have to sort out what could be rerouted.
Bob