Re: SU air filter: K&Ns and stub stacks

To: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Subject: Re: SU air filter: K&Ns and stub stacks
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:10:33 -0500
Lawrie Anderson posted last year or year and a half about his experience
with different filters. Best drivability came with the stock filter
enclosures.

This I believe, was do to the use of the little alloy back plate adapter
(Moss 372-380). Which in effect are little 1/2 velocity stacks.

I have the adapter plates inside of the foam 1/2 sphere aircleaners and
they work well.

What's happening here is the curve of the VS or adapter allows the air
in more smoothly than the 90 degree edge of the carb.

Paul.

--
    ______
   /    _ \   Paul T. Root <proot@iaces.com>