Re: Front disc question - rotors *very* tight

To: "Derek Gladding" <derek@ebollocks.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front disc question - rotors *very* tight
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:32:17 +0100
Take it for a drive on an empty car park or somewhere, steer from side to
side like you were tyre warming, then stop on the handbrake.  If the pads
are *still* tight on the discs (the wheels should spin freely with only a
smidgen of light rubbing) you have a problem.  If both calipers then
possibly the mechanical brake light switch (if you have one, always helpful
to add the year) is screwed too far in stopping the MC piston from
uncovering the hole from the reservoir and releasing all pressure.

PaulH.