hazards-still

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: hazards-still
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 13:21:31 -0500
I'm wanting to get the dash back into the 79B, but still haven't sorted out
the hazard/signal problem. Here's what's happening:
1. Flashers will work with ignition off or on.
2. Hazard doesn't work with ignition off unless you turn on a left or right
flasher.
3. If I swap the brown and green wires on the hazard and signal unit, the
hazard flashes too fast and lights flashing very dimmly, with ignition on or
off.
4. If I swap the LGN wires on the hazard and signal units, the hazards work
properly and the turn signals will come on with the ignition on but won't
flash.
5. The radio settings are powered constantly by a splice into the brown wire
on the hazard.
6. There's a green wire that was unplugged from a green/white wire located
in a bundle of green wires behind the glove box. Everything seems to work
the same way whether it is plugged in or not.

So, can any of you electrical gurus figure this mess out?

Thanks,
Monte