Re: How to best clean twin SU carbs?

To: "Tab Julius" <tab@penworks.com>, "Paul Root" <proot@iaces.com>
Subject: Re: How to best clean twin SU carbs?
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:49:31 -0500
Tab,
Here's a suggestion that someone made that will save you some time when
taking the carbs on and off the car:
Take a small strip of scrap 1/4 inch ply and make you a board that will bolt
both carbs together using the bolt holes where the air cleaners bolt on.
This way your connecting rods will stay put and you won't mess up their
settings. You can put the whole setup on the vice and do what you need to
do.
Throw the template, with 4 bolts and nuts attached, into your trunk and in
the future you can put the carbs on and off in no time.
Monte