Re: How to best clean twin SU carbs?

To: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Subject: Re: How to best clean twin SU carbs?
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 08:31:49 -0500
Well, the thing to do when it happens is pull off the road and check how
much fuel is coming out of the fuel line right at the front carb. And,
if you have HS types, pop the tops off the float bowls to see if there
is crud in there.

Check the fuel filter. Did you get a metal one or one of the milky
plastic or glass ones? Perhaps you've got a rusty fuel tank and you're
clogging up the fuel filter. Have you replaced any of the rubber fuel
lines lately? Sometimes those have gunk inside of them. That happened
to me on my old ZS carb.

We need to here some results on diagnostics that you've done. Not just
observations.

Paul.

--
    ______