Re: Why no MGs?

To: James Nazarian <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Subject: Re: Why no MGs?
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 07:01:27 -0700 (PDT)
> I have had the
> opportunity to drive an
> STi.  FWIW the owner preordered one and paid list.
> It was an ok car but I
> think Subaru cheated a little bit.  That car is an
> absolute dog before the
> turbo spools up.  It is a blast afterwards but if
> the turbo slows down you
> can kiss the fun goodbye

Some people find that kinda fun, me included.  I used
to own a 1983 911 Turbo that I bought with 80k miles
on it, kinda beat up.  But MAN, that thing would
separate your head from your shoulders when it came on
boost!  What a rush!  Get on teh throttle at 2500 RPM
and there was nothing, nothing, nothing... WHAMMM!
The nose would raise up, the tires would scrabble for
grip, and it would just LAUNCH!  To this day, I have
never driven anything that was as challenging to drive
well.  On a twisty road, no matter how hard I tried, I
always sorta felt like I was getting it wrong a little
bit, but oh my lord was it a hoot.  It made me
concentrate every second and really try to be a better
driver.  That's not so good in a commuter car, but in
a pure sports car, I like it.

But none of this has much to do with your point, and
the Subaru RS is a heck of a car...

=====
Paul Misencik
1971 MGB Vintage Race Project