SU Swap Questions

To: <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU Swap Questions
From: "S Twigg" <seanan@crosslink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 05:24:10 -0400
Everyone,
        I in the midst of converting my 75B from the ZS to a set of
HS4's from a 1970 (AUD405F & R).  My problem lies in the fuel vent line.
I created a T to connect the two lines from the front and back fuel
bowls to the single vent line that went from the ZS to the carbon
canister.  After I had everything connected correctly the vent line
proceeded to fill the canister with gas and I believe the engine was
flooded - that is when I gave up for the day..  So obviously something
is wrong with the equation.  I know I need to check float levels but is
there anything else?  Also, anyone have thoughts, ideas, and/or pictures
on how all the hoses should run?

Other info relevant or not; jets centered, I thought floats were ok,
emissions all still attached, brake servo attached to intake, an
aftermarket fuel pump (long tube shaped one) that seemed to give ok fuel
pressure with the ZS.

As usual, any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean Twigg
75B
71XKE (I'm just the mechanic for that one)