Engine & Tranny out - Now what

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine & Tranny out - Now what
From: "Jason Spaeth" <jasonspaeth@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 13:26:57 -0500
Hi List:

I have the engine and transmission removed (as one unit) from my chrome
bumper 74 MGB so that I can send the shell to the paint shop.  It runs and
shifts fine but I am wondering what types of things I should do/ freshen up
'while I've got it out'.  I already plan to repaint the engine so I figured
I would remove accessories and plates/covers and replace associated
gaskets/seals.  Any recommendations of other things to do while it is out?

While the clutch seems to work fine, I was thinking that I should maybe get
the replacement kit since I don't know how old the current clutch is.

Also, would you recommend keeping the engine and tranny together upon
putting it back in the car?  I am worried about scratching my new paint when
I go to put it back in.  I am wondering if separating them might be the way
to go as it could give a little more room and may make the job easier?

Thanks all,

Jason Spaeth
Always Cold, Mn USA

Share your photos without swamping your Inbox.  Get Hotmail Extra Storage