Re: MGB door locks

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrier@bconnex.net>
Subject: Re: MGB door locks
From: "Randy Widman" <rwidman@woh.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:35:43 -0400
Barrie,

I've got the same problem you have on my drivers side latch. My passenger
side works fine. As I kept playing with it, it seems like there must be a
round torsion spring inside the mechanism at the pivot point for the large
tab used by the push button door opener and that torsion spring is becoming
worn out (makes sense on mine cause it's the drivers door latch). It is worn
just enough so as not to spring the lever back ALL THE WAY flush to allow
the locking tab to slide down. I worked with mine with silicone spray for
about half an hour to see if it would get looser and move farther, but to no
avail. If I can get some type of small file in there I'm going to try and
file back the little lever where the locking tab HITS IT NOW and maybe that
will give the locking tab more clearance and therefore work. If you come up
with a different fix please let me know. Good Luck.

Randy Widman
79 Red B