Re: MC rebuild vs. replace

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MC rebuild vs. replace
From: "Jim Leach" <leachsr@idirect.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 22:54:06 -0400
IMHO, have someone like White Post, in VA, bore and sleeve your M/C's with
brass or stainless and then install the rebuild kits.
I think slaves are relatively cheap so just replace it.
The biggest problem with these parts and also caliper and wheel cylinders is
that moisture in the brake fluid rusts the various bores
Which leads to pitting which leads to torn seals.

HTH
JIm L