Re: MC rebuild vs. replace

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MC rebuild vs. replace
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 01:27:43 -0500
The shop that I used to work for had a couple of guys that have been
wrenching on these cars since the dawn o time and they have concluded, from
experience, that the clutch MC seems to take a seal kit well and return to
service, while the brake MC rarely does so.  My limited (10+ years)
experience agrees.  All of this is provided that the bores are clean, which
is not often the case on a car that has spent a long time laid up.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8
85 Dodge Ram