Re: [heater]

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: Re: [heater]
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:15:09 -0600
   Right on, Max.  I have the heater valve in my '69B adjusted to
operate from fully closed to ~3/4 open. My heater will chase you out of
the car once the engine warms up.

   In colder weather, say 40 deg F and down, I have to block the
radiator partially and cover the oil cooler to get the engine to reach
normal operating temp.  I've been wondering if it would be worthwhile to
retrofit a oil temp valve to the oil cooler circuit.

   I run a 180 deg thermostat all year round and have the radiator and
hood seals in place to direct the air through the radiator.  The seals
really make a difference to cooling efficiency, in my experience.

   Cheers,

    CR