Re: Bugs

To: "Telewest (PH)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Bugs
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 08:33:29 -0600
The rule I learned, and don't know if it's true or not, is
if the word is derived from Latin, then the pural is with
the I on the end, otherwise, es or whatever.

Ok, to get MG content. Last weekend, though the 'B is sleeping
for the winter (I have to fill the tank and put in the moth balls
yet), I was trying to put in smaller washers in my heater valve.

Naturally, I lost the E-clip. Tiny thing. Then I found it, then I
lost it again. No problem, I have my old valve, I'll use that clip.
Lost it, ergg, wait, there it is.

Then the 6 year old (future MG owner :-) wants to help. Ok, I need
3 hands, anyway, since I'm trying to do this under the hood and not
disconnect the cable. Ok, Sam, hold this needlenose closed. And so
the second clip is gone.

I've been to many places. A hardware store that really has bolts and
such, Menard's, Champion Auto Parts and a snowblower (small engine)
repair shop (I gotta pull out the snowblower this weekend...). No luck.
The closest is about 3 times the size.

I measured the shaft. It comes to 0.09 inches. And the cutout for the
clip is obviously smaller. Does that sound like a 1/16 inch clip to
anyone?

I saw in Harbor Freight they have a collection of clips, that include a
1/16, actually 30 for like $5. Of course, that's the catalog price. The
store will probably be different.

I was thinking of running over there at lunch.

Paul.

--
                                 ______
Paul T. Root <proot@iaces.com> /    _ \