Re: Straight 40

To: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Straight 40
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 12:50:30 -0600
   Well, lessee, in an overdrive friction clutch, isn't the oil under
shear forces?  And the oil is at high pressure in the overdrive when
it's engaged.  Isn't that good?

   I've been using 20W-50 in MGB overdrives for 10 years or so.  No
failures yet.  Isn't that good?

   What I don't understand is why you don't believe that the guys who
designed and built the gearboxes/overdrives didn't know what oil was
best to use in them.

  CR