Headlight trim rings

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Headlight trim rings
From: Mark Lennan <mlennan@crankyrobots.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:09:17 -0700
A quick question:

Are the two rivets on the headlight trim ring (that hold the alignment
clip) supposed to be on the top of the ring or the bottom?

I have reason to believe that (somehow...) the headlights housings are
installed improperly. My rivets are on the top of the rings when
installed.

I recently bought some H4 units and after installing (lining up the
tabs on the headlight with the grooves of the housing) I found that my
low beams pointed up and my hi-beams pointed down...

It appears that everything can only install one way but something is
amiss. A response from the MGB Experience BBS stated that the rivets
point down, but I cannot install with the rivets down because the large
holes in the headlight well (that accept the adjustment screw sticking
out, are only on the top, left and right side of the headlight hole.

Figured I'd start with how it's supposed to look. Rivets up or down or
left or right?

Thanks, all!

Mark Lennan
79B