Re: MGB Heater Box Slot

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: MGB Heater Box Slot
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:37:07 -0600
At 09:57 AM 11/25/03 -0500, Don Malling wrote:
>.... I was poking around in my 68-74 BMH body shell yesterday and noticed
>that it had the later two small holes and slot for the heater box cable.
>The shelf was flat however. I think there was a recess in the shelf on the
>later cars? ....

Check pictures near bottom of page here:
http://chicagolandmgclub.com/photos/b_heater
The later type body stamping, after June 1976, had a recess in the vertical
bulkhead panel where you find those round holes and slot.  The thick rubber
insert then squashes and seals around the edge only, which should make it
easier to insert.  The heater shelf is still flat on top.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com
Editor and Webmaster