Re: Torque Wrench

To: James Nazarian <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Subject: Re: Torque Wrench
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 21:11:12 -0600
   Point well taken, Jim.  But you can spring a beam wrench too.  Not as
easy, I'm sure.  My 1/2" clicker is a Craftsman Micro-Adjusting, blah,
blah, over 20 years old.  I just looked at the warranty sheet.  I tend
to hang on to docs. ;^)  Anyhoo, it was warranteed for 90 days against
calibration, 1 year against other defects and the limitation is that
Sears will repair, not replace it.

   I have a 3/8" beam craftsman wrench maybe 10 years old.  It sez
accuracy  guaranteed to 2% over the life of the tool.  Suits me.

   I think the lesson is that quality tools will last indefinitely if
treated right.

    Happy TG,

     CR

P. S.: To Monte: Once a beam wrench is overstressed you don't bring it
back into calibration by bending the pointer.  It's shot.  It's like
over stretching a bolt.