Re: Headlight positioning

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrier@bconnex.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Headlight positioning
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 14:33:28 -0000
Yes - as you look at the front of the car.  In the normal handing parlance
(i.e. sitting in a seat and facing forward) they would both be at the top
and the right-hand side.

Not sure if I understand the second question.  Having both types (parking
lights separate and as part of the headlight), one on each car, the integral
parking bulb is nowhere near the ring, being about mid-way round the curve
between edge and headlight bulb.  You certainly don't need 'the extra power'
when the headlights are on, but if you don't fit them and you have a rubber
bumper you would have no front parking lights.  If you have a chrome bumper
with the front parking lights on the wing then having extra ones in the
headlights just puts more load on the battery.

PaulH.