Re: Refreshing the Tatty 'B

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Refreshing the Tatty 'B
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 07:16:07 -0800 (PST)
--- Eric <eric@erickson.on.net> wrote:
> Here is where I ask for some help or kindly
> suggestions (if the whole
> idea revolts you, please try to contain yourself
> :-).

First of all, don't let anyone give you any crap about
this.  It's your car, and you can do what you want
with it.  Plus, it's a race car, so you can REALLY do
whatever you want with it.

Here' my two cents:

1)  There is a pet peeve of mine that crops up
whenever I go to the race track.  Every car there is
Ferrari red or Fly yellow or white or black!  Where
are all the interesting colors?!!  Okay, I know that
it's easier to repair crash damage when the color is
simple, but C'MON!  No one will take a flyer on
something interesting?  My car is Blaze (deep orange),
and I'm going to keep it that color, but when I
contemplated painting the car for racing, I was
actually thinking of painting it Mercedes-Benz "Havana
Brown", which is a deep, chocolate brown.  Hah!  So my
advice is to do something different.  Don't paint it
red.

2)  Don't paint just the rockers.  It makes it look
like an attempt purely to cover rust.  Like those
godawful chrome rocker covers they sell from time to
time.  If you're going to do it, paint it all the way
from the trim strip down.

Here are my ideas:

http://www.sopwithracing.com/colors.html

Let me know what you decide!