Re: Refreshing the Tatty 'B

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Refreshing the Tatty 'B
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:19:05 -0800
on 12/19/03 10:59 PM, Carl French at leylandauto@yahoo.com wrote:

> Yes, I am a big fan of Pale primrose too (ok, my mg is brg). I was looking at
> an OEW 70B today at my friends shop and we were commenting on how those two
> colors are very much favorites of ours. How about combining the two not unlike
> a big healey with OEW on the underside. Who says you have to run right along
> the strip line have someone tape off a line like the 3000 I think I have seen
> a B done like that maybe in CT?
> just my $.02USD here YMMV
> Carl

I don't know if there is enough contrast between Old English White and
Primrose to create the desired effect, tough it might be worth lookin gat.
Some mixes of OEW I've seen have had a beige tinge would would be awful with
primrose, IMO.

 I don't think you'd want a separate color break line other than the chrome
strip -- that could be very kludgey looking. Two-tones invariably follow the
body accent lines, unless you're doing supergraphics like NASCAR. The
traditional A-H swoop runs off a body accent contour.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149