Re: alternator

To: "Paul Hunt (T)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: alternator
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:29:10 -0600
Paul,
A few weeks ago I replaced a bad battery in the 79B. The car then started. A
few days later,on the way home the alternator light stayed on all the time;
not just glowing, but bright. The next time I went to start the car (days
later), the battery was again dead. I charged it and it started, but the
same thing happened again.  From the previous posts, I construed that it
probaby was the alternator diode draining the system. The battery charger I
used has a 6V and 12V charger as well as 2 and 15 amp setting and a 125 amp
booster starter.
Thanks,
Monte