Re: Boot Lock

To: <wcam46@netzero.net>, <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Boot Lock
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:59:42 -0000
There is talk of putting a long stiff wire through a reverse light hole,
fishing around till you hook on the right part of the catch (is that why it
is called a catch?), then pulling.  If it is just slightly misaligned rather
than come well unscrewed pushing in hard on the panel below the lid whilst
pushing the button in and pulling up on the lid can sometimes open it.
Other methods are twisting the lock handle to one side or the other which
should reveal and small area of lid that is normally covered by the bottom
of the lock, drilling a small hole through the panel within that normally
covered area, and pushing a wire probe through.  More destructive methods
involve drilling a larger hole through the lock barrel itself, or cutting a
large hole through the rear firewall and putting an arm and screwdriver or
whatever through.  But I think any method will need another car with an
opening lid to hand, so as to see exactly what you are trying to hook, push
or lever.

PaulH.