Re: ground connections

To: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>, "MG Mail" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ground connections
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 11:46:43 -0800
James,

Oh yes, I used thicker wire AND I grounded too so lots of paths for those
little electron things!   Why do I do it ? - Well I suppose because I am an
electrical engineer and many many years ago used to build exotic one-off
'boxes' for controlling machines at Welwyn Electrics in the UK.  So I love
running wires back and forward.  Something satisfying about nice clean wire
with crimped AND soldered connections doing their little bit - Maybe
drinking out of a damp glass last night befuddled my brain but that is my
answer at the moment!!  Hope you had a good New Year!

At 11:26 PM 12/31/2003, James Nazarian wrote:
>Of course, you will need to take into account that you are vastly increasing
>the lengths of some of these circuits.  The dash lights won't be seriously
>affected, but if you are running headlight grounds all the way into the dash
>you will need to increase at least one more wire size.  The same will go for
>any of the other circuits whose lengths are being seriously increased.  Why
>are you doing this?  Consider that many of the ground problems MGs have are
>due to the fact that the connections are 30 years old.  I don't think that
>is bad at all, to get 30 years out of a connection.
>
>I'll be the last one to talk anyone out of a project, but I am concerned
>about your reasons for doing it.
>James Nazarian
>71 MGBGTV8
>71 MGB Tourer