RE: Hardened Valve Seats/now Dual Weber

To: "Larry list account" <list@marketvalue.net>,
Subject: RE: Hardened Valve Seats/now Dual Weber
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:03:35 -0800
Larry:

Actually there would be some advantage, particularily during transition.  Moss
UK does have a twin Weber DCOE manifold for the B series, and I did own one for
a number of years, but never used it.  Some lucky so and so bought it from me
at the Pasadena MG swap meet after I decided to go with a cross flow head
(still not installed either).

The twin manifold allows the Weber accelerator pump jet to fire straight into
the intake port, rather than slinging into the wall of the manifold.  This
should improve low speed transition, and the straighter and shorter intake
tract should improve top end.  I figured you could use less accel. pump shot
and get away with bigger venturi's and still have good low end and transition.

I doubt if it would be much better than the twin SUs for street driving, but it
seemed an interesting thing to play with.  The cross flow head knocked the
project out of the water though, as it is a real step forward rather than a
skip sideways.

Then the supercharger came out, and I'm trying to come up with the time to get
that installed.

Getting closer though.  My workshop is up and the yard looks like the
battlefields of Flanders with trenches criss-crossing the place.  All it needs
are a few machine gun nests to get the full effect.  We have to cross two
bridges just to get to the house!

Finally the MGC GT, 65 MGB race car, 58 Magnette, 66 Jag 3.8S, 79 MGB, Rover
Sd1 and wrecked Mazda Miata have a place out of sun and rain.  Now if I can
just get time to hook up lights etc.....

all the best

Kelvin.