Re: Pine wood derby MG

To: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pine wood derby MG
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:16:59 -0800 (PST)
This would certainly be unique. I assume, Paul, that when you say 'I' you
mean 'my son and I'... Of course, the cars are supposed to be built by the
boys with parental assistance.

Having recently moved on to Boy Scouting after 6 years as Cubmaster, I
speak from personal experience after seeing cars that were not built by
boys - in some cases the boys were not allowed to handle 'their' cars - as
well as various nefarious methods of weighting them - including the one
with mercury inside it. (That wasn't much fun when it leaked out all over
my hands.) I was always a bit of a hard-ass with the parents when I saw
cars that the boys obviously had no involvement with... We would always
let them race but I made it clear to the parents that they could not
repeat that performance the following year.

Best and fastest 'car' I ever saw was a skateboard design with all of the
weight down low right above the wheels.

<flame suit on>

--- Paul Root <proot@iaces.com> wrote:

>       Anyway, for next year. I'd like to make something a bit
> more original. Panicing the week before and saying "Ok, what do
> you want your car to look like? As long as it's a door stop wedge,
> you can have it in any color." :-) I'm thinking, let's make it a
> TC-D-F like. It's got the wheels outside already, just need to make
> some fenders and headlight things.
>
>       Anybody done anything like this? Got any ideas, for fenders
> etc? I think I might mix new with old and paint the slanted green logo
> across the bonnet.
>

>       It's fresh in my mind now. I bet I don't do anything until at
> least November. After all in the spring and summer, I've got the real
> thing to work on. :-)
>
> Paul.

=====
Dan
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - It's getting better all the time....
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
'04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html