Re: Pine wood derby MG

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pine wood derby MG
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:26:21 -0700
Yes, this is quite true. My son built and raced his car in the local Pine
wood derby many years ago and even got a trophy for second place. He did
most of the work but I did help on two key points - the weight and the
wheels. I was a chemist in those days so I had access to an accurate scale
so my son was able to get the exact maximum allowed weight using lead. I
also verified he had the wheels true and I provided him some graphite to
lubricate the wheels. I don't recall his actual body design being too
sophisticated unlike many of the other competitors.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B