RE: Pine wood derby MG

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Pine wood derby MG
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:02:20 -0600
> my hands.) I was always a bit of a hard-ass with the parents
> when I saw
> cars that the boys obviously had no involvement with... We

Good to hear.  As a Cub Scout, it always annoyed me that some dads
seemed to have a competition for who could out-do each other every year.
And as these were the dads of kids with no mechanical ability at all, it
was obvious that they did the whole thing.

Give the kid guidance and help as needed, but if they don't show any
further interest in it, don't finish the job for them.  If they know
that dad will make them a good car anyway, they don't have much
incentive to do it.