Re: joining gear shift gaiter and boot

To: "James Harwood" <james.harwood@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: joining gear shift gaiter and boot
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:46:32 -0000
I think on both my cars one of the screws is longer than the other, maybe
that should be in the front.  But with the leather gaiter screwed down I
don't think the rubber gaiter is going anywhere, so I would consider cutting
off the flange altogether, if not cutting one of the concertina's off.  It
does seem thick, the rings on mine are down on the console even before the
screws are fully tightened.  I'm wondering if you have a rubber boot for
another application that someone just thought looked OK for the MGB.  I have
to say that the leather gaiters I have seen also look a little *undersized*
to me, but I haven't replaced them.

Cheers,
Paul.