RE: viable replacement for stock jack

To: "'Aaron Whiteman'" <aaronw@wsu.edu>,
Subject: RE: viable replacement for stock jack
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 14:23:09 -0500
Aaron, many of us carry scissor type jacks.  I don't even know where the one
I have came from, I just found it in the garage one day.  I welded a nut
onto the end so that I could crank it up and down with a ratchet wrench and
a 9/16 socket.

I, also, do not carry a spare.  I carry a can of fix a flat and a plug kit.
The fix a flat is a leftover from when I did carry a spare.  If you get a
puncture the fix a flat won't usually seal it, it does good on bead and
valve stem leaks but that is about it.  In reality the plug kit is all you
usually need.  I carry the jack because I get the best results when I can
pull the wheel off the car to plug it in clear view.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer