Re: Who designed the location of...

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Who designed the location of...
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:58:35 -0500
I know it's a sports car, and my "real" car is a Saab (I think of my MG as
my "surreal" car).  The MG is usually in the garage all winter unless
there's a warm day with no salt on the road.  But I often have to jump it
to get it going (or trickle charge it) as it's been unused.  God forbid
I  had the hardtop on, because then I have to remove the friggin hard top
to get at the battery.

What would be nice would be to jump it from inside the engine
compartment.  Someone suggested putting the positive at the starter, but
the damned starter is even harder to get at than the back of the
seat.  It'd be nice to rig up cables permanently somehow so they run from
the battery to the front compartment with some kind of terminal
there.  From cold weather only (not even counting the times I might have
left the lights on by accident during the summer), I invariably have to go
through this a couple of times a year.

- Tab