Re: New at this game...

To: Joshua Blair <joshua@joshblair.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New at this game...
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:53:06 -0800 (PST)
I would say off hand to get the car running. You did not give much info on the
mechanics and maybe you do not know much on the car's status. Tell us more on
why it does not run, does it spin and not fire or not even spin. You mentioned
working on the transmission, is it broken too? How bad is the rust on the
sills? Where do you live? maybe someone here can come over and help you get
started..
Carl French
Alfred, Maine

Joshua Blair <joshua@joshblair.com> wrote:

I'm Josh, the new guy who's the new proud owner of a 76 MGB that used to
work and is sitting in my garage with a lovely coat of primer grey with a
bit of rust. The interior looks like someone took a lawn mower to it and
the engine doesn't start. However, my lights do turn on, so I have a
starting point. So here's my question: if this was your car, what would be
the first step you would take to begin restoration? Should I do the small
things and then the transmission or the other way around? Thanks y'all.

Do you Yahoo!?