Re: electrical problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: electrical problem
From: MGBnutt@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:54:04 EST
Oh yes, rivets are bad.  I regularly solder any of my riveted audio
connectors (1/4" phone plugs) so they don't stop working.  If not just a
mechanically
bad connection to begin with then the 2 pieces probably oxidize and eventually
build up enough resistance to become a problem.

I'm sure something similar happens to any riveted connections in the MGB.

donny v
1978 MGB
www.straightshotband.com

In a message dated 3/24/2004 8:19:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,