Re: Red Warning Lite, Now: Tach Attack

To: "Paul Root" <proot@iaces.com>, "Chuck Renner"
Subject: Re: Red Warning Lite, Now: Tach Attack
From: "Rick Lindsay" <rolindsay@stoolhead.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 9:55:41 -0500
> Because general loss of patients and dramatic
> increase in rudeness of society, driving is not
> fun like when I was young.

...but who has changed?

I feel the same way but try to remember that I
grew up in rural Kentucky where there are lots of
twisty 1.5-lane roads with lots of vertical
relief.   The biggest risk there was drifting a
blind turn into a tractor!  Not a good idea, BTW.
I now live in suburbia and have to drive miles
just to get to a twisty road.  And even at that,
there are numerous Lexuss (Lexi?) puttering along
offering tractor-like panic.

So I ask myself, what has changed?  Yes,
'everything' is the answer.   The roads are
different, drivers are different, laws are
different and I am no longer bullet-proof.

I see our quest being to find NEW ways to enjoy
our hobby/sport in this new environment.  To that
end, rally has provided a lot of enjoyment.  There
are lots of options from TSD events for the
techno-minded to gimmic events for those who just
want a fun Sunday afternoon.

Have I helped you look outside the box?  I hope
so.  My real toy car is a '79 Ferrari.  It is
impossible to enjoy that car in an urban setting
if glits isn't your goal.  It sure is fun on a
country road rally though!

Hope this note helps.

rick