Engine and tranny removal

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine and tranny removal
From: James Harwood <james.harwood@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 20:38:07 -0700 (PDT)
Every thing except the prop-shaft is disconnected. I
just could not turn the nuts on the gearbox to
propshaft flange. I was able to disconnect the prop
shaft at the Diff end.

Could anyone advise on any problems I may have when
hauling the engine and transmission out in this kind
of situation? Will the prop shaft separate at the
splines?

Reason for removal: there's something that looks
suspiciously like a con-rod protruding through a hole
punched in the oil pan. Yesterday was a bad day ;-)

TIA,
James
  74 MGB (currently a great boat anchor)