Re: Engine and tranny removal

To: james.harwood@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: Engine and tranny removal
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 09:16:52 -0400
James,
   Sorry to read of a bad day, made so by a protruding connecting rod.
   Yes, you can separate drive shaft at the sliding joint, though it's
not the preferred way.  Carefully mark the two parts of the shaft so that
you can get the splines back together in the same place.  Mark front
part, then the round nut, then the rear shaft itself.  Mark all three
places, because the round nut will be loosened during cleanup and
reassembly of the shaft, thus it won't be a good reference point for
reassembly.
   Those flange nuts can be awfully tough to turn; wrench handles never
seem to be long enough.
Bob