Re: Was Carb & Trans Oil Questions now shifter

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk, smarc@abs.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Was Carb & Trans Oil Questions now shifter
From: MGBnutt@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 09:53:13 EDT
I removed the butterfly from my Zenith Stromberg and used a propane torch
with a very fine flame to solder the poppett shut. There were no ill affects
after replacing the butterfly.  However, I didn't notice any changes in the
idle...But it did remove the poppet as a possible cause of any problems.  (BTW
-
that ZS carb has since been replaced by the single HIF44 replacement that Moss
sells.)

Good Luck!
donny v
1978 MGB

In a message dated 4/10/2004 5:58:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,