Re: High idle was: Re: Carb & Trans Oil Questions

To: Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: High idle was: Re: Carb & Trans Oil Questions
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:26:17 -0500
    Make sure that the washers on the bolts holding both the manifolds on
are parallel to the head when you tighten them up.  I had to replace a
manifold one time and found that the replacement manifold and the
original weren't exactly the same thickness, so the bolt tightened up
more on one manifold than the other.  I had to put a shim under the
washer on the thinner one.  I got some fender washers and cut them in
half so I could shim one side.

    Might not be your problem but it's worth a look.

    Cheers,

     CR