Re: Allison Xr-700 Elec Ignition Question

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Allison Xr-700 Elec Ignition Question
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:25:55 -0700
Well, you probably have to have power to it for the optical sensor to work
-- it's not a passive mechanical system like points. It may not be powered
up until the alternator is charged.

BTW I don't know about turning the engine by hand with the ignition on --
you could lose fingers that way...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149