Re: Allison Xr-700 Elec Ignition Question

To: pokrefke1@comcast.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Allison Xr-700 Elec Ignition Question
From: MGBnutt@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:04:13 EDT
Some of these links might be useful:

http://www.triumphspitfire.com/ignition.html

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/JET_AV8R/Vision/Ignition/CDI.HTML

There's also a manual with troubleshooting suggestions:
http://www.triumphspitfire.com/images/cranemanual.pdf

I would agree with you: I would have thought with the unit energized, a spark
would be produced when the slits pass through the electric eye.  Are you sure
there is voltage to the unit?

donny v
1978 MGB

In a message dated 4/13/2004 7:51:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,