Re: Allison Xr-700 Elec Ignition Question

To: "Thomas J Pokrefke" <pokrefke1@comcast.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Allison Xr-700 Elec Ignition Question
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:30:08 +0100
Was there 12v on the red while you were looking for the spark?  If not check
the feed through the ignition switch and relay (if fitted, always give the
year of your car).  If so it is probably the sensor or electronic unit gone
up the spout or a bad connection between them, substitution is the only way
to check.  Stick points and condenser back in.

PaulH.